Happy Mooncake Festival~中秋節快乐!

Hello lovely readers ^__^! It  is the offical Chinese Mooncake Festival (中秋節 ) and my 100st post today! Have you all been eating mooncakes lately? I sure do, my mom bought me some and friends of my mom also gave them to me so we had a lot this year!
Falling on the 15th day of the 8th month according to the Chinese lunar calendar, the Mid-Autumn Festival is the second grandest festival after the Spring Festival in China. This year the Mid-Autumn Festival falls on September 19th. It takes its name from the fact that it is always celebrated in the middle of the autumn season. The day is also known as the Moon Festival, as at that time of the year the moon is at its roundest and brightest.
History
Mid-Autumn Festival is an inherited custom of moon sacrificial ceremonies. The ancient Chinese observed that the movement of the moon had a close relationship with changes of the seasons and agricultural production. Hence, to express their thanks to the moon and celebrate the harvest, they offered a sacrifice to the moon on autumn days.
Did you've seen kawaii beauty's corner's giveaway? The prizes are so cutee, enter here: http://www.kawaiibeautycorner.com/2013/09/join-my-hello-spring-giveaway.html
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment